Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HASHTAG # Transported to a new world

Hashtag this, Hashtag that!  What's that all about? Oh You-hoooooo Urban Dictionary, it's me again...

Turns out the Hashtag is really a cool feature (for lack of better way to describe it...I will stick to calling my discoveries "features").  The symbol, # is used to highlight a keyword in a Tweeter's tweet which makes the word(s) searchable.  Tweeters can search on a keyword by entering # and (the keyword) they are interested in and the search result will be a list of tweets that contain the keyword.  Very cool feature!  I began practicing using # and launched a search # downtown Raleigh.  VERY COOL!  Read for hours, learned tons about any and all things related to Raleigh; ended up making Chicken Enchiladas for dinner all because a #search.

I definitely had some great fun, but I am convinced that Twitter is valuable. I just do not know how to incorporate it into my classroom just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment